After changing the name of Mataf.net in Forexticket I experimented a big drop in the number of visitors – see “What you should know about forexticket” and “changer un nom de domaine” (in french). It took 7 months to reach a new historic high. Last week Google analytics measured more than 250’000 unique visitors, a new record for me and a great relief.
Since the beginning of 2012 the audience doesn’t stop growing, slowly but surely. Now, my job is to capitalize this momentum and don’t stop innovations.
If you want to change your domain name you should be ready to support a drop in the number of visitors:
- You Don’t Have To Be Nuts To Worry About Changing Your Domain
- Best practices when moving your site
- Achieving an SEO-Friendly Domain Migration – The Infographic
- Surviving a Site Migration [An SEO's Guide]
- Domain Migration – An SEO Case Study